Monday, September 27, 2010

military and leopard...combination for the not-so-faint-of-heart...

this is a piece for those that love to make statements...something that is a bit out of the ordinary, yet still familiar. a piece that combines two very in and trending fashion statements...military + animal print.


a duo of hand pierced and formed brass dogtags, with hand etched leopard print on both sides. the gorgeous leopard pattern was the result of a piece of lace that I transferred to the brass, and chemically etched around the design it left. oxidized for color and effect, and hand buffed with a protective wax finish to protect the pieces for years to come. not one two dogtags will be alike! these two tags hang from a sterling silver ball chain, keeping the theme true to military style for this Fall/Winter 2010 Season.

this piece was actually the result of my EtsyMetal Teams Project Runway Challenge, and I fell in love with it so much I felt I had to offer it on my site! follow this link to see the results for this weeks and others on the blog. I love these fun challenges! http://etsymetal.blogspot.com/2010/09/project-runway-season-8-episode-5-there.html

in The Shop now!

No comments: